Why People Don't Stop Smoking
Most people know that by stopping they will save several thousand pounds a year. Most people know that they could add years to their life. And most people know that if they stop smoking right now, they could save their health – before it's too late.
So, why do people continue to smoke? It all comes down to one thing....FEAR.
- Fear that you'll have to give up your crutch, or pleasure
- Fear that you won't be able to enjoy life or handle stress
- Fear that you will put on weight
- Fear that you'll have to go through an awful trauma to get free
- Fear that you'll never get completely free of the craving
All of these fears are just examples of one overriding fear. The one simple reason that you have not stopped smoking is that you:
Fear that you think it is going to be too painful and too difficult!!
There are two aspects to the smoking habit:
- a psychological component and
- a substance dependency
Whether the origin of the smoking habit was simple experimentation or some other deeper reason, substance dependency follows in every case.
The Bad News…
- Hypnosis cannot make you stop smoking (but neither can any other treatment!).
- Treating any one of these two aspects of smoking results in stopping smoking ineffectively.
Most usually, any difficulties arising result from not addressing the substance dependency.
The Good News…
- Hypnosis can help you to stop smoking and to remain a non-smoker for the rest of your life.
- Hypnosis has much to offer- particularly in helping the ex-smoker to address any withdrawal symptoms which might be experienced in the first few days after quitting the habit.
- Hypnosis actually makes it relatively easy to stop smoking after just one hypnosis session